Saturday, May 26, 2007

Smart Habit Saturday--A Diet Coke A Day Keeps the Doctor Away

Lara at the Lazy Organizer has started a great trend of choosing to intentionally form smart habits at the rate of one (or so) per week. Since I have so many things I need to intentionally work on, I decided to join in on the fun.

The idea is to choose a new habit every Saturday and work on implementing it in our lives, giving blog updates on a regular basis. These habits can be personal, work related or family oriented...any area where you realize a change needs to be made.

This Saturday, I would like to start a new habit of drinking only 1 diet coke per day. That may not sound like much to many of you, but diet coke is sort of my addiction (ranging from 2 - 4 a day depending on the availability).

Occasionally, I break the chains of addiction, but then I fall right back into my bad habit. Not only do my friends regularly tell me that the artificial sweetener used in diet coke is bad for my mental and physical health, I have also discovered that I have severe headaches for 3-4 days whenever I go through withdrawal. Surely that is not a good sign. Beginning today, I am striving to cut way back, saving money, my health, and my memory.

What's your Smart Habit? Let us know.

2 comments:

Montserrat said...

This is a habit several are working on, which means you are not alone! Hang in there, take it slow, and hopefully you won't have major headaches. Good luck!

Mrs. O said...

Yep, mine has been Dr. Pepper. I've been soda free for 2days so far.

Best of luck in cutting your intake back.