Monday, May 14, 2007

High Paying Jobs :)

My daughter found a dime a few days ago. This weekend, she put it in her pocket and added two pennies I generously gave her. She felt rich.

We were on our way to a birthday party at the bowling alley. Almost always of a sweet nature, she excitedly said, "Mom, I brought my money. I have a dime and two pennies. I can PAY today."

To which I replied, "Sweetie, that is so thoughtful, but how many cents do you have?"

DD: "uh, 12 cents."

Me: "That's right. I imagine it will take about 800 cents for you to go bowling, though."

DD (with a gasp): "Mom, do bowling lane workers make the most money?"

Me: "No, sweetheart. Even your lunches cost more. Did you know we send about 2,000 cents a month just for you to have lunches at school every once in a while? Not even every day?"

DD: "Wow." And after a thoughtful pause..."Do lunchroom people make the most money, Mom?"

1 comment:

EmmyJMommy said...

I absolutely adore the innocence of children, and wish my DD did not want to grow up so quickly. I remember the desire to get older so I could be a grown-up...and now I just desire a weekend away so I don't have the worries of "real-life"...of course, even away, we never escape "real-life"...and my worries, I am learning, are resting in the Lord...I have a long way to go, but I do desire the innocence of my children to stay around as long as possible...

Can you tell I'm still on pain meds...I am rambling! :-)