Monday, May 28, 2007

Menu Plan Monday

As we are out of town, I am posting early and without the banner, but for more Menu Plan Monday ideas, visit the Organizing Junkie.

Well, we fairly successfully carried out last week's menu items minus a few changes necessitated by a sick child and travel plans.

I decided to review the new recipes we try each week. This is the key:

aaaaa As my grandpa used to say, "luscious"
aaaa A new family favorite
aaa Pretty good, worth making occasionally
aa Not our favorite or a mixed review
a Yuck!

Here are my reviews of last week's new recipes (find the recipes in last Monday's post):

Bacon Chicken Alfredo aaa



This was pretty good, although a little heavy. We liked the flavor. We used 12 oz of fettuccine rather than the 16 oz the recipe called for, and we still found it a little dry. Next time I make it I will use more sauce or less pasta. This made enough for two meals for a family of 5.


Apple-Onion Pork Chops aa



We had a mixed review on this one. I liked it and found it easy and healthy. Our oldest son liked it, our daughter liked everything but the onions, our youngest son did not like it, and my husband liked it but said he only cared about the meat--the apples and onions he could take or leave. If I make it again, I will cut the amount of vinegar in half as it was a little strong.

This week's menu:

Monday: Fast food or sandwiches as we are traveling home

Tuesday: Aussie Sausage Rolls, Potato Salad, Green Beans

Wednesday: Family Night Supper at church

Thursday: Chicken & Rice Casserole, Bread, Salad, Dessert (all doubled as we are preparing supper for a family whose child was just born)

Friday: Beef Chimichangas (we didn't get to make them last week), Chips & Salsa, Ice Cream

Saturday: Breakfast for Dinner (muffins, eggs, bacon, fruit) or leftovers if we have enough. With the children home during the day for summer, I am not sure how much will be consumed at lunch.

Sunday: We are meeting some out-of-town friends on their way home from vacation for lunch. For dinner, we'll have a sandwich and an apple on the way home from church.

Hope all of you have a great week of preparing meals for your families!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

sounds like a really yummy week ahead :) Have a great one.

Jennifer said...

Great menu!

Have a fabulous week!

Christi said...

Everything sounds great - and I love the rating system idea. Thanks for sharing!

Have a great week!

Jonathan said...

Bacon Chicken Alfredo would have been better if I had cooked the bacon longer.

Helen said...

Everything looks great! I like your breakfast for dinner idea. Also I find, sometimes too, that some recipes skimp on the sauce.