Monday, April 23, 2007

Watching Dreams

Many months ago, I posted about how children often take everything literally. One example I mentioned was when my daughter, at about age 2 1/2 or so, asked why we stand on the word of God when we aren't supposed to stand on books. This question came about from singing the B-I-B-L-E.

Yesterday, she once again reminded me that she understands things very differently than I do. I woke up after having a disturbing dream. Hubby and I were talking about it, because I often wake up and find my mood is based on the kind of dream I had. It is weird, but my theory is that I am waking up before my body is ready and my dreams are interrupted.

My daughter said she didn't dream. I said, "Honey, everybody dreams, you just don't remember yours." She said, "Mama, I don't have time to watch any dreams. I'm too tired." Apparently, she thinks of dreams as little movies we can watch while we're asleep--if we're not too tired!

No comments: