Sunday, June 03, 2007

Menu Plan Monday

Okay, so my mom decided to drop in at my sister's house for a week. Of course, my sister lives a mile from me and works during the day, so I spent lots of time with mom, which was good, really good, except my menu plans were extremely messed up for the week. Aahhh, but if life were too organized it would be boring (at least that's what I keep telling myself).

Below is the key for new recipe ratings:

aaaaa As my grandpa used to say, "luscious"
aaaa A new family favorite
aaa Pretty good, worth making occasionally
aaNot our favorite or a mixed review
aYuck!

Last week we tried:

This recipe is definitely not a keeper! We were a little surprised by how much we disliked it as it had a 5 star rating from Taste of Home. Perhaps we just didn't know what we were doing with the phyllo dough, but it tasted like many many layers of paper were around the meat--not something we cared for much. It might be good with some modifications, but with so many other recipes out there, I doubt we'll bother.

Here is the game plan for this week:

Monday: Hamburgers, Chips, Salad

Tuesday: We'll eat at the ballpark as our choir is performing the National Anthem!

Wednesday: Family Night Supper at church or sandwiches at home

Thursday: After three weeks, we're finally going to try and get the Beef Chimichangas on the table!

Friday: Grilled Chicken with a side of pasta

Saturday: Chicken & Rice Casserole, a green vegetable, Bread

Sunday: Crisp & Creamy Baked Chicken, Broccoli Casserole, Bread

Happy Cooking!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your plan sounds awesome. Have a wonderful week!

EmmyJMommy said...

You might check and see if phyllo dough and frozen puff pastries are the same things...I don't know...might make a difference in the Aussie Rolls...

Anonymous said...

see you at the game!