Thursday, June 07, 2007

Count Your Blessings, Name Them One by One

I have so may things to be thankful for, but sometimes, when I am dealing with wild animals the natives my children I forget that. Sometimes, when my husband makes me want to scream irritates me forgets things gently disagrees with me I forget that.

Seriously, my husband and children are blessings and I believe it is useful to have a list of my blessings and things for which I am thankful to reflect on upon occasion. God gives us so much, and it is so easy to think we deserve to have this or that or just to take our gifts for granted. With that in mind, I present my first weekly set of 7 things for which I am thankful, in no particular order.

1. St. Mary' Lake, Glacier National Park, Montana (It was here that I became convinced that God was real and not a fairytale--yes, I was quite slow on the uptake).

2. Daffodils (They are the first sign of spring to me. I used to love picking bunches of them from my Grandma's yard).

3. The color blue (I find it very peaceful).

4. My younger son's laughter (It is a belly laugh, full of good humor, and makes me want to join in).

5. My daughter's hugs. (They are, quite possibly, the sweetest things on earth. There is nothing better than to have her little arms wrapped around me and hear the words, "I love you, Mommy. You are the best mommy in the whole world.").

6. My husband and older son sumo wrestling on the sand (To see the two of them cutting up together gives me great pleasure, especially to see my son having a father-son relationship and enjoying it so much).

7. Gulf Shores, Alabama (Growing up, I spent many weeks here with my cousins, aunts, uncles, grandparents, etc. After being to a variety of beaches around the world, I still prefer Gulf Shores and the surrounding area).

So there you have it, this week's list of seven things for which I am thankful. What are you thankful for?




1 comment:

EmmyJMommy said...

hmmm...sounds like a good blog for me....keep posted...I will probably use it!